Thursday, June 6, 2013

The little things

These are the little things that make me smile...


The sound of rain on my roof... A jazz song with solos... My daughter dancing to my old Salsa records... A heartfelt hug... When the right song came on my Ipod and motivated me to keep running... Watching my dad watch the Nationals play on TV... Making my wife laugh... Hearing my dad's old "war" stories... A good Bossa Nova (not that there are many bad ones)... The buzz and pops of vinyl playing... When you pull out a 45 and everyone in the room is too young to know what you are holding in your hand... T-shirts that express my loves... Dancing when no one is looking... Cooking for one... A DJ doing a set that is enjoying it more that their audience... Listening to a song I've never heard before and feeling like it were the first time I hear music... Finding my wife's aluminum baseball bat in the trunk instead of my oil funnel... A really good crab cake... Bobbito Garcia, who I looked up to as kid responding to my comment on his Facebook page... Knowing my brother's divorce is final... Knowing that he can now move on with his life... The new equipment at the gym... My mom fixing my shorts so I could wear them today... Wearing my Freddy Kreugers... My creative friends... The way art manifests itself in many ways... God... Family... A fine Scotch (not that there are many bad ones... Seeing my transformation in the mirror... Being who I wanna be... Having things to look forward to... Seeing the people I came up with sitting at the table of bosses with me... Being a resident of PG County... My worn in Adidas running pants... Knowing that after the rain the sun will return and flowers will bloom

What makes you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment