Friday, May 31, 2013

What a day what a day-ay

I'm going to make this short and sweet, because I have to get up at 3 am and and I have to go bed now. Today was a long crazy day with it's up and downs. I woke up with a mission. I needed to find a temporary replacement for 2 machines at my job that were out of commission at the same time. so right after getting up I started calling around and looking online for a place to buy one. It was a stressful morning.


The awesome thing is my mom took one look at me and knew I was worried about something. She's the only one that can or cares to do that. After a futile attempt to find a solution, I left the house 2 hours early to get to the office and try to find other resources. As I left the house, my mom told me she was going to pray to God that I find a solution to the problem. I wasn't on the road 10 minutes when I received a call from the office that the technician had a part for one of our machines and would be in today to work on it.

While I was at work a friend and co-worker of mine, sent me a bag of clothes he couldn't fit but was my size and a 'surprise' with another co-worker. I get to the car and she pulls out a garment bag. I unzip it and it's Calvin Klein suit he wore only once that fits, but in 20 lbs will look great on me. It was perfect because I have a wedding in July and I would never have been able to afford such a nice suit. To him it probably means nothing to give me his gently used clothes, but to me it is a motivator to keep working to my weight and fitness goals.

The techinician shows up around noon. The first thing he says is he's not leaving until the problem is fixed and the machine is up and running. He changed the mother board, adjused the cameras, recalibrated the whole machine and made sure it worked without any glithed for almost an hour before he was satified that it would not breakdown again and then he left. I like when people take what they do seriously and uderstand how important their attention to detail is to their clients.

Now I'm here. I just went through the bag of clothes I got. It was full of well kept, high quality designer garments. Quite a bit of workout clothes, which I need and shorts and jeans, which I also need. I'm waiting for my crispy tofu and vegetables to arrive so I can eat and then go to bed. Thank you for bearing with me and helping me kill 20 minutes and fulfill my blog quota for the day. 15 to go to get to 30 days in a row. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment