Friday, May 17, 2013

My Dad Is So Cool

Yesterday I accompanied my father to a doctors appointment. I noticed what he wore, and thought, 'he's so cool' and it inspired me to write this.


Rocking a striped button down dress shirt, he don't have to tuck it in...

...cause he's so cool

Brown detective slacks from the 70's, they're wool, it's 70 outside, and he's in his 70's... stylin'...

...cause he's so cool

Italian leather slip on loafers, Aviator Ray Ban's with the original case on his belt...

...cause he's so cool

Brylcreem hair slick black, salt and pepper, thinner on top, but a fresh fade and mustache trim...

...cause he's so cool

Even though he's been sick for days, he won't leave the house looking a mess...

...cause he's so cool

He's going to a doctors appointment and carries his medicines in a Polo Sport toiletry bag...

...cause he's so cool

As we pull off, he tells me he thinks it's time to replace his car, yet he wants the same exact car, only newer...

...cause he's so cool

Even though he's older and weaker than I remember, he's still the man...

...cause he's so cool

No comments:

Post a Comment