Monday, December 26, 2011

Number 6

The last couple of days have been full of food fun and family. I really enjoyed the good food and laughs. Now I have two more days to recover before I go back to work.

Today on the countdown is Antiquing is my new best friend. This past summer my wife and I started spending a lot of time in the neighborhood thrift stores. At first it was just a way of filling my free time and not over spending. Then it became a serious hobby. I guess my addiction for thrifting also started because I discovered a show on the History channel called American Pickers. Basically these two guys, Mike and Frank, travel the country digging through peoples barns and homes for cool old stuff to buy and later resell.

My dad has been a lover of thrifting and antiquities for a long time. I always sort of had it in me. Since I began I've learned a lot as a far as what to look for and dating a item. It's really fun when you find some really old item in great condition that's actually authentic and a good deal. I've amassed quite a bit unique items over the past 8 months. About 3 months ago I made a game changing discovery. I found Shopgoodwill.com. I didn't have to leave the house anymore. The best part is that it works like an auction. You basically pay want you want and if your lucky you get for very cheap. I became addicted and is in part why I ended up with so much stuff. There is an EBay store in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment