Thursday, January 6, 2011

A week in the life of 2011

Tomorrow is the end of the first week of 2011. How did you start your year? How many of your resolutions did you mess up on already? Have you worked out yet? How many cigarettes did you sneak? If nothing went as planned I think you started out the year just fine. Look on the bright side you still have 51 weeks to make up for it.


My week went pretty routinely. I managed to get one run in. Other ten that I pretty much did what I always do. I worked, ate, and slept. I did however maintain my one resolution. I haven't had any alcohol since New Year's Day. I have been doing something new this year. I have been writing this blog. I haven't written anything that wasn't work related in over 10 years. I find it relaxing and stimulating. It's been fun reminiscing and being creative. I had a great time interviewing my brother for Adolfo "Breakmaster #1".

As for the rest of the world. Some people had the best week of their lives and some had the worse. As you already know you nor I hit the Mega Millions this week. The lucky numbers were picked by two winners in the Pacific Northwest. 

The other feel good story of the year is Mr. Ted Williams. My new hero is the homeless man with the golden voice. This 50 something ex radio announcer and father of 7 lost everything 20 years ago. He had been homeless for the past 10 years. Drugs alcohol and crime had marred his life. It wasn't until 2010 that he accepted God and realized that with everything he lost by way of his addiction, God allowed him to keep his amazing voice. He was panhandling by a highway in Columbus, Ohio. A web designer from a local newspaper recorded his gift. The video went viral 2 days ago. Today he appeared on the Today Show. He's been offered jobs from The Cleveland Cavaliers, Kraft, and MTV among others. He is a very humble man, and deserves everything he gets. All he wants is a steady job and roof over his head.

I read that some religious groups belive that the world will end this week. I don't believe it, but there have been strange occurances reported from around the world. In Sweden, Italy, New Zealand, and the U.S. there have been reports of hundreds of dead birds falling from the sky. Then I read that in Brazil, New Zealand, and Maryland hundreds of dead fish have washed up on to the shore. All this happening within the last couple of days. Coincidence? What do you think it is?

I want to send my condolences to my friend Rob for the loss of his older brother earlier in the week. I could not imagine losing my brother. May you and your family find solace in this time of mourning.
Unfortunately another old friend of the family has suffered a tremendous loss this week. Edwin I am so sorry about your father's passing. That has got to be the hardest thing to go through. I send my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Last but not least I want to say goodbye to our family cat Silver Mist. A couple of days ago we dropped her off at the animal shelter. She was a great cat, but a bit too much for us to handle. God bless my sweet black cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment