Friday, January 28, 2011

For Tania

Today is January 28th 2011. Today you turn 18. I can't believe it. I remember when my sister told us she was expecting. We were vacationing in Nicaragua. Before then she had wanted to have a child but was unable to. When the news came out it was big deal. I'm not sure how many Godfather's and Godmother's you had lined up.


When I first saw you it was in pictures. You were long and skinny. I remember seeing pictures of you and Nelin. As you got older you filled out. You were so cute with your short curly hair. When you and your mom came to stay with us, I was so exited. You were about 3 years old. Your were about 2 feet tall. Everything you wore was specifically picked out for you. Everything coordinated even shoes. Your mom dressed you up as clown for Halloween. You looked like a doll.

Then you guys moved to Miami. I would see you every few years. You were always smart as a whip. I was amazed by your cleverness. I also remember you always having your own identity at a young age. Like the time that you would only wear camouflage.

Now your all grown up. Getting ready to graduate from high school. It's cool that your sort of a hippie, sort of a punk rocker. I also love your photography. I know art eludes me, but it's cool. I even like your playlist. Although you don't have any Hip Hop.

I know growing up is hard these days. I also know that you are super smart, and will do great things one day. Just make sure you stay true to yourself and finish everything you start. Always take care of you mom and dad, and never forget your family.

Even though I'm a thousand miles away. I still got your back, and I'm always gonna be you uncle (fluffy). Happy Birthday Tania, I love you.



1 comment:

  1. I love you too!!!
    Thank you so much =) this really means a lot to me. I couldn't ask for a more heartfelt sentiment or a better uncle. I could ask to not be so far away! LOL

    ReplyDelete