Tuesday, January 11, 2011

one one one one one

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or fate. Today was a peculiar day so far.


Last night my wife and I drove to my job in Baltimore. We decided to walk to the Marriott to have dinner. As we're walking there, we pass Arhaus Furniture. My wife mentions that she had applied for a job with them They didn't respond but sent her a catalog. We had dinner and drove back home. Before we left Baltimore we got gas and put air in the front tires of her truck.

This morning I went to drop my daughter off at school then to a eye doctor appointment. We got home about 10am. I glanced at the tires on my wife's truck. They looked fine. She leaves for school. She calls me 30 minutes later and says when she arrived at school the passenger side front tire was flat. For those that don't know we have a bad history with flat tires. I freak out. She says she's gonna put air in the tire, and drive home after class.

I hang up then the phone rings again. I figure it's her so I answer. A store manager from Arhaus furniture is calling my wife to setup an interview. I texted my wife at school. About an hour later I get a call from my father saying schools are letting out 2 hours early. I go pick my daughter up.

We came home after stopping at Burger King. We ate, she did her homework then we took a nap. My wife calls me before she leaves school. She says she put air and it seems to be holding up. By the time I wake up she is home. Apparently she didn't get my text about the job. She says that's strange. I asked why? She explains to me that she didn't actually complete her application, because she was looking for information for her third personal reference.

We decide to go buy some lottery. Before we leave I check the tire that was flat, and it was still inflated. I had her drive it slowly to look for a nail. Nothing. Upon returning form the store, I check the tires again and they were still good. I have the slightest idea why the tire was flat.

Something about today is different. It almost feels like our luck is beginning to change. We went to play some numbers. Only God knows how bad we need a break. No matter how bad it's been we keep our chins up and keep on moving. Maybe this is our turning point, we'll know on Friday. Good luck Mrs. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment