Thursday, January 13, 2011

The day that I die

The morning that I die

It'll be a regular day. The sun will come up at quarter to seven. My wife and daughter will wake up with the alarm at 6:30am to get ready for school.

Earlier that morning, my mom will get up at 5am in hopes to see me leave for work like she always does. That day she'll get up to a dark kitchen and living room. Who ever is scheduled to work with me that morning will be mad, because I won't show for work. That means that someone is going to have take up my slack. I won't stop at the Shell station for gas before getting on the highway that morning.
At work no one is going to be able complain about everyone else to me. They won't have anyone to blame for the supplies running out. Jose isn't gonna be able hollar "Big Boy!!" to anyone. The orders won't be made that day.

Later on the day that I die

The text from Marco about going to run will be unanswered. I'm not going to be able to listen to Biggie on the drive home. When my daughter gets home, she's going to run up the stairs to my empty bedroom. My computer will be turned off. My Facebook notifications will going unchecked. No one will write a new Ghettoblaster blog entry.

Who's going to cut all the lights and fan on when they go into the bathroom? Who's going to leave my shoes on the floor next to the computer desk? Who's going to the drink the rest of that bottle of red wine on my coffee table? Who's going to pay our half of the rent? Who's gonna give my wife gas money, and my daughter field trip money? My dad's gonna have to pay the whole gas and light bill that month.

The night that I die

I'm going to miss How I Met Your Mother and Two and Half Men. My mom is going to have to cook dinner that night. No one is going to turn the TV to The Food Netword or The Cooking Channel that night. My pillow won't be folded in half like I always do when I lay my head on it. after my girls fall asleep, no one is going to cut the TV off.

I just hope I  don't die on a Tuesday. If I die on a Tuesday, who's going to take the trash out for Wednesday morning's trash collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment