Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Funk and Charity

Yo!! How everyone doing?? Can't believe we're halfway through January already. I'm loving this year so far. Things seem to be looking up in their own special way. Business is through the roof at work. I'm getting a lot of positive feedback from my superiors and I've scheduled a vacation for the end of March. I know it's not exactly like winning the lottery but they are steps in the right direction. I'm living my life by the day. Although I feel defeated at times, I do manage to redeem myself. I not so bad off.


Now to keep the momentum going. I have a lot of ideas swirling in my brain. The idea of not following the same path for the rest of my life is enticing. I'm going to make a difference after all. Even if it's on a smaller scale. I will change my life for the better and benefit my community and my social circle. If you know me, you know I love to give and help when I can. I think that is what I'm here to do. I've decided to dedicate my 2012 to acts of altruism and charity. True I may not have much to give, but I will do so with a big smile. The first thing I have decided to do is to grow my hair long so I can donate it to Locks of Love, an organization that makes wigs for children suffering from illnesses that cause hair loss. Other then that I plan to find opportunities as they present themselves. Help cut someones lawn that can't do on their own. Buy someone lunch that is hungry. I'd love to help kids like me. Kids that grew up in the 'hood' and help them look past the grim reality of poverty. Teach them that there is more to life. Enlighten them through arts and music appreciation. If you have any leads, I would appreciate them. If you need my help, just ask, I'd love to help. The one thing I can surely do and am working on is restoring old toys and giving them away.

This is going to be a fun an exciting year filled with surprises at every turn. I will not settle for less. Blessings are what you make them. When you take everything for granted, you don't see how fortunate you really are. I thank God for everything I have. Health, hearing, sight, a job, and family that loves me, food, clothes, and great friends. What else does one man need. Do me favor tomorrow, do something nice and unexpected for someone, anyone. Considering the direction that the world is going in, we need to look out for each other and show acts of kindness. It seems that it's easier for people to be rude and disrespectful to each other. It almost seems like the status quo. Show them that there are still good people left. I think as a people we need to start becoming more united. Things aren't going to get easier, you have know who you can count on.

Today's blog was inspired by the following musical works of art. Listen, digest, enjoy, and appreciate.









No comments:

Post a Comment