Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10

Wow we're well into the second week of 2012. Hows your resolve doing? Did you quit smoking yet? How is the new gym treating you? I applaud you if your still on track with your New Year's goal. On the other hand if you quit, I still congratulate you for starting. So what you cheated. Try again. If you really want to change, it may take time. Nothing is as easy as it sounds. If it was that easy, you would have made the change a while ago. Now regroup and start again, I know you can do it.


Yesterday it snowed in the area. It happened while I was at work, so I missed it. When my wife picked me up from the Metro I noticed snow on the car. Mind you so far this winter we had more days above 60 degrees than days below 30 degrees. I'm not sure what's going on. I guess it might be the end of the world after all. I would not mind if we went right into Spring. I used to love winter and snow. Then I didn't mind it. Now I can live without it. I can live with the temperature being between 50 degrees and 85 degrees. Maybe I need to live a dome.

I've gotten to a happy place with my job this week. The sales have drastically increased. That means more hours and busier days. Busy days aren't so bad. They go by quickly. I still have to deal with the nervous leadership team. They focus on the craziest stuff. I know it's part of my job, but I have a million things to do in 7 hours. My priorities are keeping the displays full. So what if there is one package of out of date liverwurst. The only reason they find that stuff is because they have nothing better to do. If I had all day to walk around. I would find stuff to nit pick about too. I can't afford to take an hour a day to check dates. No matter how much you check, you will always miss something. They don't see it as "shit happens" they see it as me being lazy and not taking my job seriously. So I stayed an hour after my time just to check for dates and update logs. Gimme a break. Tomorrow I will focus on that stuff and let the displays go. Then they will ask why my cases look so empty. I'll respond, but I have no out of dates and the logs are done.

Other then the same old B.S. at the salt mine. I'm feeling better. My indigestion has subsided. I've been using a new antacid. I'm not talking about your run of the mill heartburn or a stomach ache. I get a pain that I feel in my side, shoulder blade, and my lower back. Nothing can stop it, and I'm not sure what triggers it. The last couple of times were the worst. Someone gave me and recommended Tagamet. I've been using it for a few days and have not had any discomfort. We'll see what happens. The bright side is I've given up soda again. I think it aggravates my condition. So water it is. I hope I can use this to kick start my weight loss.

I've been putting a lot of thought on how I can change my life this year. I've been thinking of a career change. Maybe starting a business. I know I have no money. Doesn't matter. I'm going to develop my product. Next market research. After that all  I need is someone who believes in me and my product to invest. Nothing will happen overnight. I'd rather put my effort in making the best finished product instead of worrying about making money. I will let you know when I'm ready. What is it? Not gonna say. Not yet. I've learned over the years that when I say what I'm thinking or doing, I usually don't follow through. This time I wanna finish then let the world in on it. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment