Friday, February 24, 2012

The Details

Pay attention to the details, is all I hear. The details, the details. What I fear is that while I'm paying attention to the details, I will get nothing else done. How do I go from 'looking at the big picture' to 'paying attention to the details. It's amazing how people that don't have to do half the work I have to do stand back and criticise my work. They never compliment they just focus on the details. They never help, they just focus on the details. How about you pick up a knife, do what I do, and teach me how to do my job better, and fit in focusing on the details. This coming from a vegetarian baker. Let's see how can you criticise a butcher's work, when you can't understand what it is to enjoy the fruits of my labor.


I have no problem respecting anyone I work for. I just don't appreciate getting up at 2 in the morning, putting all my effort into doing my best, and being judged by a smudge on the glass. Who cares about all the product that cuts itself, the sausage that makes itself, when there is a water stain on the wall behind the case. We don't do anything, it's fairies that do all the work while we sleep. True I understand that they wanna appear to be the best. The problem is they don't have to do anything about it. All they do is point the finger and reduce all of my effort to a stupid cliche about details. I'm am only a man, not a machine. I work whether I'm tired, hungry, sick, so all I ask is for respect. You don't have to pat me on the back, but recognize that what I do, matters. Most importantly remember that you can't do what I do, and if I leave you'll be scrambling and the last thing that you'll pay attention to. are the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment