Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Trust

These days, who can you trust? Does anyone know the meaning of the word anymore? Trust is very important in every aspect of our daily lives. I trust my wife and family with my life. Depending on which part  of the family, money not so much. I trust my daughter's teacher and school to do what's in her best interest concerning her education and safety while at school. I trust some people. I'm cautious with everyone else.


There are people that can be trusted no matter what. They will never betray you for any amount or money. They appreciate your trust and ask for nothing in return. I surround myself with that kind of person. I know that no matter what, they will have my best interest in mind when it comes to my affairs. It gives me peace of mind. When I go out into the world, I usually keen my eye. I employ my sixth sense. I never judge a book by it's cover. I listen to everything. I've been around enough shysters in my life to detect a rat, a liar and a cheat. The average person is genuinely good at heart. All they want is what's coming to them. Show them respect and speak the truth and you'll receive the same in return.

You know how the easiest way to find a person trying to get over? It's the one who tells you, you can trust them. "Trust me" Red flag!!! Don't take another step. Say  thank and goodbye. It's always not so easy to detect. Usually it's the person that seems to always do the right thing at the right time, just so you can notice it. They continually toot their own horn. They can't be trusted. Confidence is one thing, arrogance is a whole other animal. People like that will sell you out in a heartbeat. They appear to be your best friend. Doing the old song and dance. When the time comes and they want something, they will take that shiny blade, they've been perpetually sharpening and slam it into the broad side of your back. Since your so trusting, you doubt that they would betray you. When you ask them, they assure you that they would never betray you.

It's hard be a trusting person. It's harder for me in particular. I'm from the school of thought, that when I suspect a betrayal, I strike first. I will either confront you and expose you for the rat that you are, kick your ass, or put you to work. When I say, "put you to work" I mean make you think that I trust you and have you do things for me, to win my trust. I'm really just leaning on you to see how much you can take. One thing is for sure, once you stab me in the back, you are out. I will never trust you again. Depending on the severity of the betrayal, I may not speak to you again, or you may never see you me again, and in very rare occasions I will threaten your life. Some things are sacred. I can replace money and material things. When you mess with my loved ones, you will regret it. I have some unpaid debts, because I was begged by the affected party not to retaliate. When they are no longer in the picture, the guilty party better transform into air, or I will be compelled to transform them into dust.

The only instance in life where trust works differently is in love. When you love someone you must trust them. By doing so you have be trustworthy. You can't lie, cheat, or betray them in any manner of speaking. When you love someone, and you trust them, you cannot dwell on the slight chance that they will betray you. There are many hints that this person will betray you from day one. If they cheated on you before, they WILL do it again. If you met them when they were cheating with you on someone else, they will cheat on you. If that person is a born liar and swindler with everyone they meet, guess what, you are no different. There is nothing worst then living in fear that your significant other will cheat on you. Stop worrying. Do right and the truth will come out on their own. Don't judge them before they commit the crime. If you treat them like a cheater, they will get tired of it, and say fuck it. When you don't trust your lover, they will find solace in someone else that will trust them.

Most importantly trust yourself. Trust your instincts. Go with your gut. If something doesn't feel right it probably isn't. Don't go out there trying to get over because you think everyone is trying to get you. Treat everyone right until you have reason to believe that they are not what they seem. Last but not least trust me when I say I will kick you fucking ass if you stab me in the back. You treat me right, I will treat you right. You treat me like a jerk, I will treat you like a punk. Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment