Monday, February 13, 2012

Valetine's Love for Mec and Smoo

Well, I know your wondering why my blog looks like a pair of novelty Valentine's Day boxers. I decided to redecorate for Valentine's Day. Not necessarily because I'm that sentimental. I was actually bummed today because I can't do it up this year for my girls. I was going to get them some cards, but didn't feel like dealing with the crowds and over paying for someone else sentiments.


So I decided to write my own Valetine for my wife and my daughter. First of all I love you guys with all my heart, even though we struggle, I do my best to give you what you need. It seems like just yesterday when I started dating my wife. It'll be 10 years next month. By the following Valentine's day, I proposed to her. I new way before then that I would marry her. I couldn't afford a ring, so I bought the next best thing, pearl earrings. Today mark 9 years from the day I asked her to marry me. Let me tell, it has not been easy. We've done a lot of growing together over the years. Never had a doubt in my mind that we would be together 10 years later.

Since then we've been up and down. We had money, lost money. Moved 3 times. I quit 2 jobs, and she quit hers to go to school. I'm proud to say that she now is a college graduate. Still looking for work, but God willing she'll be back on top soon. I witness her go from plain Jane to a confident educated creative strong mother of my daughter. She's accepted me at my best and at my worst. Never giving up on me. I can safely say that she loves me. Then she proved it by giving me a daughter.

The one time since I've known her to come home in the middle of the day. I was off from work and was surprised. She told me I was going to be a dad. It brought a lot of joy to our family. The anticipation of a little us running around. We had no idea what to expect. We moved and got ready. She's been supermom from day one. I truly don't know where we would be without her keeping it together. I truly appreciate her being in my life and taking care of our daughter.


Our baby girl, what can I say. She make the world turn. Nothing we doing goes without considering how it will affect her. We seen her grow up over the past 7 years. Getting smarter and sassier every year. She makes us smile and laugh everyday. Now we look to the future and continue giving her the values and guidance she needs. I know that together with my wife, we will raise a awesome woman. She will make us proud someday.

I will continue giving them all I got. Continue being loyal and faithful and loving them with all my heart. Nothing else matters if they are doing well. The may not be flowers and chocolates, but who needs that stuff when you have me protecting you and telling you how much I care through my actions. Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment