Saturday, April 14, 2012

So I stabbed myself in the face today

Yup! Right in the moustache. It hurt, but it was more shocking than anything. I though I just banged it. I was at work this morning. If you know me, you know two things about me. I work with knives and I talk with my hands. Over the years of doing my job, knives have become extensions of my hands. I point to things with knives. I pick up stuff with knives and even move stuff around. At least while I'm at work.


I once scared the shit out of one my co-workers. I was pissed off because someone had bad mouthed me to management. The person that I suspected was working with me. I was telling her how mad I was and what I would do if I knew who ran their mouth. As I'm ranting I swinging my knife around. I later learned she was terrified. I thought is was funny and well deserved.

Today I was preparing some meat to make ground beef. I was moving large containers around. I go to pick one up. They have handles on each side. I put one hand on each handle to lift. The problem is that I didn't realize that I still had a 10" knife in my hand, pointing straight up. All I feel is a sharp jab in my upper lip. I froze, because I thought I hit my face. I look down at my hands and see the knife blade. It was so strange. I was so glad that I didn't stab myself in the eye.

As I bled I just sucked my lip. I wondered for a second if I should go to the hospital. I wasn't sure how I looked. If it was a big nasty gouge. No one at worked noticed anything, until I put a bandage on it. It was a short rectangular bandage. With it on I resembled a negative image of Hitler. My co-workers got at a laugh. They asked what happened. "I can't believe I stabbed myself in the face" Once the bleeding stopped, I went on unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment