Thursday, November 24, 2011

To Do List

What do you know, another Thanksgiving in the bag. I knew the end of the year was coming, but damn, that was quick. It's all been a blur. I started my new job in September and it's almost 3 month's. Although we didn't break any sales records the last few days have been hectic. I've either been at work or asleep since Saturday morning. Some days I worked two separate shifts in one day. Others I went in 5pm and left at 5 am. I've pushed. I've pulled. I've climbed. I was exhausted. Now I am am done. Everyone got their turkey. Now it's time for me to enjoy my day.


First things first. I wanna show my respect to the one's who aren't here in flesh but in spirit. I know that you all are looking down on us. Three are on my mind the most this Thanksgiving. My Tia Luisa, Valentina, and Ms. Alice. These three women were mother's, grandmothers, and all around good people. May god bless you and know that you are missed. 

Now focus on the ones that are here. Whatever the beef was you had, isn't worth it. Give that person a call, and let them know how you feel, because you never know when they will be gone for good. Forgive and ask for forgiveness. Let someone know you love them. You may think they know, but sometimes it has to be said.

Give a bit of charity. Help someone with their groceries, let someone "keep the change". We are all struggling in one way or another, sometimes a word of comfort is all someone needs to be pushed in the right direction.

Be thankful.

Tell the people that have your back that you appreciate them.

If you believe in God, talk to him. Tell him that you appreciate everything he does for you.

Let your co-workers know that you appreciate their hard work. Just because they get paid, doesn't mean they don't want to hear that they are doing a good job.

Now that all the legal stuff is done.

Have a good time. Eat it hurts. Drink if you want to, just remember not to drive. Call a cab, get a ride, stay over.

Spend time with the people that call you family. Not always a blood relative, but they love you like a relative.

Laugh. Tell jokes. Dance. Be silly. You deserve it.

Lastly always remember you are one of the fortunate ones that are still around to enjoy another glorious day. Don't take anything for granted.

"At this point everything is where it's supposed to be, you're breathing and haven't gone blind, so make the most of the situation"

Love to all of my friends, family, and work mates. I could not do it without you. I'm only going to live once, so I'm happy to have stumbled upon you all in this lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment