Friday, October 7, 2011

Perfecto

Does perfection truly exist? Are you someone that does everything perfectly? Do you know "the perfect girl"? What does that mean anyway. I don't know what your meaning of perfect is, but I know that I will never be it. I do everything in my power in every realm of my life. A the end of the day someone always picks out a handful of flaws. I think I'm doing something but when I step back and look at the big picture, it's full of holes. I guess the people pointing the finger do everything perfect.


What do they mean when they say, "I have the perfect life"? Sounds to me like you have everything you need. No one ever questions you, and you always win. I set this as my criteria for perfect, because it's the total opposite of my life. True I can sit here and gripe about how bad I have. Then I read about people that have it ten times worse. So what do I do? Do I accept it for what it is, or do I strive for perfection. Will I ever make the critics happy? Better yet, maybe I just need to find a new set of critics. It seems that when I think I'm doing great, is when everyone else thinks I suck. That's it? That's the best you can do? Wow I accomplished nothing at all today. So why do my feet, and back hurt. Why do my eyes hurt from trying to pay attention to "all" the details. It seems that I was looking at the wrong set of details.

Who is the perfect man or woman? Do you know one? Are you waiting to meet one. Different people have different opinions on the perfect man or woman. Some may say the person has to have a good job or money. Others may say it's OK as long as they have a job. Some want a dime piece or the tall dark and handsome type. On the other hand some people overlook physical imperfections and are attracted to the way the person makes them feel. Some people think the perfect person will wait on them hand and foot. I personally think perfection is having someone who goes half through to the good times and the bad times. They listen to your problems. Most importantly, they never make you feel bad about not being perfect.

Somebody once told me they had the perfect job. So I guess they get paid in gold bars, never work on the weekends or holidays, and never do anything wrong. It's weird because I know a lot of people that have it good but still complain. I've seen people go to a job and the  first thing they do is tell the boss what there NOT going to do. Strange, I go to a job and tell the boss I'm going to do anything I can. I almost never have a weekend or holiday off. Other people just call in if the weather is nice. I guess emergencies don't happen on Tuesdays. So you tell the boss what your gonna do, and take whatever days you want off. Whats not perfect about this arrangement. Yet you complain about hating your job. I don't think it's the job you hate, I just think you hate to work. No matter how much you try to encourage and motivate these folks with a "good job" they still do what they want. Yet I work harder then them and never receive any recognition, just a "you could do better" Nothing is perfect about work, because it is work after all. Even my friends that work in an office complain about their workload. I would trade my icebox, bloody aprons, and stink for a desk a shirt and a tie in a heartbeat.

Perfect is what you make it. As far as I'm concerned waking up every morning is the perfect start to a day. Not being in jail is also a perfect situation. I have the perfect family. There is a mother a father and perfectly happy daughter. I may not have millions of dollars, but somehow at the end of the month I always have just enough to get me through, you would say it's the perfect amount. True I may not fill anyones expectation of perfection. I'm always going be mediocre but happy. Maybe I'm just a piece of coal and after years of immense pressure (struggling) I will become a shiny diamond or maybe I'm perfect just the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment