Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dream Weaver

Dreams are supposed to be a glimpse into our psyche. Is that so? I sometimes have flashes in my dreams. It's usually a street scene with no sound or color. Months later I'll be somewhere panning the horizon and realize that it's the same vision I had months before in my sleep. Does that make me psychic? I don't think so. I've always read that we only use 10% of our brain's capacity. I figure if we used 100% we could predict the future and control things with our mind. I still think that there is more to dreams than we think.


What do you dream about? How often do you have sexual fantasies? Do they involve people you know or celebrities? Do you dream everyday? When I dream I usually know I am dreaming. There are occasions where I really think something happened to a loved one. Of course once I wake up, I usually forget what I dreamt about. Try an experiment. Keep a note pad next to your bed. As soon as you wake up, write down what you remember if anything. Do this for a month. Then read all the notes to see if there is a pattern or common theme. I dream in a series sometimes. I have a dream series that I've had since I was about 8 years old. It's 5 dreams so far. I can't quite tell what they are about, I do know that when I have them, I know they are the continuation of that last part, even if it's been years.

Sexual fantasies are over rated. When I have them, they are so lame. It's always someone I don't know. It always involves all the events leading to sex. I never actually make it to the main event. I usually wake up before the good part. When I do dream about celebrities, especially females that I am attracted too, it's a very innocent dream. I usually dream about them being a friend and we're usually teenagers. I often dream about being a action hero. Someone I know might be in trouble and I have to save them. Many years ago I dreamt that an uncle of mine had visited me while I sat on a porch. The thing is, my uncle lived in another country, and we lived in an apartment. The next morning I found out that he passed away. I think another factor that decides what I dream about is the television. My wife sleeps with the TV on. I usually fall asleep before she does so I can't turn it off. I would prefer to sleep with the TV off. One night I was dreaming that I was driving down a residential street. Suddenly the houses on the left started to transform into robots. When I woke up, I realized that Transformers (the cartoon) was on TV.

Lately I seem to dream more and more about work. I've been spending a lot of time there. When I dream about it, it's like being there all night. The peculiar thing about dreaming about work is that it's almost never set at my location. The building I dream about is not the one I actually work in. I once dreamed that we relocated to a new building that used to be a school. We were in a room full of old desks and file cabinets. I was trying to work on an old rickety desk. The next day I go to work (in the dream) They built two bars in the room. There was really no space for us to work or for equipment. As I walked past the bars I noticed all my bosses were sitting there having drinks. I think I dream about work, because I always think about what I need to do the next day to stay ahead.

The last dream I had was peculiar. Lately I've been having dreams that are broken down into 3 acts. Each act is different from the other. I start in a scenario and suddenly switch to the next. The part that remember is the last part. My daughter was at another school. She may have been older , like middle school aged. I remember picking her up at first. In the next scene we get hit with a huge snow storm. For some reason I had no car so I had to walk to get her. I was in a hurry because I found out that the school's power was out. I was worried that I wouldn't get there. Suddenly the snow was really deep. I'm not sure if the snow was chest high, but it felt like I was crawling on my hands and knees. When I finally get to the school. I have a flash light and notice all the commotion in the halls. I'm calling out for her, when I notice my wife there. I then see my parents. I was relieved that I wasn't the only one concerned about her. I never found her because I woke up.

Tonight when you go to bed think hard about something or someone to see if you can direct your brain into dreaming about this person or subject. I once dreamt that I was a mob boss. I was traveling in a car with other cars in caravan. We were following someone. The guys in the cars ahead of us surround the car we are following and make him stop. It was a dark wooded area. My guys take the driver of the car out and beat him as I watch. The guy is laid out face down. I get out of the car walk towards the man. I grab him by the hair to raise his face to tell him that I did this to him. As I raise his head I take a good look at his face. I'm shocked to realize that it was my father. I was so startled that I immediately woke up. I could never explain why I dreamt about this. I've always had a great relationship with my father. That wasn't as scary as dreaming about being confined to a wheelchair.

Someone once told me that if you feel like your falling in a dream, and you actually hit the ground, you will die in your sleep. Another person told me that they knew they had finally learned to speak English when they began dreaming in English. I think I always dreamt in English. They seemed to be more vivid when I was younger. I remember dreaming and trying to open my eyes to wake up. Instead of struggling to open my eyes, I realized I was closing them tight. The funny thing is I never dreamt about a car, a fancy or "dream" house or winning the lottery. Bad dreams are more prevalent. Usually it involves someone getting kidnapped. I would rather dream about when I was kid, the best years of my life. Now I will lay down and hope to dream something worth remembering. Thank you for your time, and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment