Thursday, March 31, 2011

A letter to my readers (In English and Spanish) Una carta para mis lectores

Today I started my Spring Vacation. I have nothing planned. The only thing I'm sure of is, I want to read and write. I may go to New York. We're supposed to go to Emporia. We'll see what happens. I just wanna chill. I don't want to worry about the clock. I wanna stay up late. Drink a beer. Maybe watch a movie or two.



I work eat and sleep. When I'm home I sit at the computer. The last few weeks have been busy for me. My wife finished school this week. While she worked on her final presentation, I was in charge of everything else. She did the creative stuff, while I drove around town picking up materials from various locations. The last thing I had was time for was reading or writing. Now that I will be home I can get into the thick of it.


The problem is, what to write about. Judging by my top 5 posts, ya'll love stories about my life and loved ones. I've gotten a death threat from my mother about that. I try not to use names unless it's funny or inspiring. As for me, I have nothing to hide. I will tell it all someday. One of my co-workers told me he can't read my blog. I asked why, he said, "I don't know" I asked him if he had ever, he said, "no" I'm not sure what he expects to see. I'm not political or hateful. I like to tell stories. I like to share my love for certain things. I guess he assumes I use my blog to vent about work. I usually do that on the "pulpit" when I'm cutting meat.


So if I can't talk about my family or work? What else is there. I could bad mouth the people that piss me off, but if I do that they'll know and will stop trusting me. I believe in "keeping my enemies closer" I will eventually write about all the people in my circle. I'm surrounded by great people. I think they all need to be recognized. I can't tell you when it will happen, because I need to have a moment of inspiration. Then again I could talk about my daughter's exploits for days. I'm saving those for when she grows up.


So for the time being I will write about anything and everything I see. My mom is going to have accept that I do this. I will do this for a good while. I'm not a fictional writer. I can't make up stuff. I have to live and experience everything. If I think there is an injustice happening to me or someone close I will air it out. I hope you continue to read and support me. I believe mostly that none of this would be possible without any of you. I would love to hear what you really think. Hit the feedback below or comment on FB. I would also like topic suggestions. You might be the one to inspire me. Thank you.

Una carta para mis lectores


Hoy empece my vacacion de Primavera. No he planeado que hacer. Lo que si se, es que quiero leer y escrivir mas. Talvez vaya a Nueva York. Tenemos pensado ir a Emporia. Veremos que va pasar. Quiero descansar. No quiero tener que preocuparme por el reloj. Quiero desvelarme. Tomarme una cerveza. Talvez ver unas peliculas.

Trabajo, como, y duermo. Cuando estoy en la casa, paso el tiempo en la computadora. La ultimas semanas han sido muy ocupadas para mi. Mi esposa termino la universidad esta semana. Mientras que ella trabajaba en su ultimo proyecto, yo me encarge de el resto. Ella hacia la parte creativa, mientras yo andaba por la ciudad buscano materiales. Lo ultimo que me quedaba era tiempo para leer o escribir. Ahora que voy estar en la casa lo puedo hacer en lleno.

El problema para mi es, que es lo que voy a escribir? De acuerdo a mis 5 historias mas populares, a ustedes les gustan historias sobre mi vida y seres queridos. Mi Mama me amenaso de vida por algunas cosas que escribi. Normalmente trato de no usar nombres, solo en el caso que sea historia comica o de inspiracion. En el caso de mi, no tengo nada que esconder. Lo voy a contar todo algun dia. Uno de mis companeros de trabajo me dijo que no podia leer mi blog. Le pregunte, porque? Me dijo que no sabia. Le pregunte si alguna vez habia intetado, me dijo que no. No se que es lo que se imagina. Yo no escribo de politica o odio. Me gusta contar historias. Me gusta demostrar mi admiracion de ciertas cosas. Quizas supone que yo uso mi blog para quejarme de mi trabajo y los companeros. Normalmente hago eso "en charla" cuando estoy cortando carne.

Entonces si no puedo hablar de mi familia o trabjo. Que mas queda? Pudiera hablar mal de la gente que me arrenchan, si hago esto se daran cuenta y dejarian de confiar en mi. Yo creo en "mantener a mis enemigos cercanos a mi" Algun dia escribire sobre las personas mas cercanas a mi. Estoy rodiado de personas excellentes. Creo que todo merecen ser reconocidos. No se cuando sera, porque estoy esperando el momento preciso de inspiracion. Tambien pudiera hablar de las aventuras de mi hija, pero esas las estoy guardando para cuando ella sea adulta.

Por el momento continuare escribiendo sobre todo lo que se me presente. Mi madre me tendra que perdonar, porque esto es lo que you hago. Seguire haciendo esto por mucho tiempo. No soy escritor de ficcion. No se como inventar cosas. Tengo que vivir las cosas. Si siento que hay alguna injusticia que yo o algiuen cercano esta pasando lo tengo que dejar saber. Espero que sigan leyendo y dandome su apoyo. Sobre todo pienso que nada de esto seria possible sin ustedes. Me gustaria saber que es lo que piensan. Dejenme saber en las seccion de "feedback" abajo o como commentario en Facebook. Tambien me gustaria que me den sugerencias sobre que escribir. Talvez me daran inspiracion. Gracias.

2 comments:

  1. Topics, eh? What about health kick stuff? Races you wanna do, personal bests? new challenges you want to complete and have you follow? Or maybe you can put up stuff you like to eat, drink, enjoy- quality stuff from WFs that we should know about and try to cop. I'd follow that stuff too. I really enjoyed your updates when you were on your health kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting me in check, I need to start running and eating right again to post that kind of stuff. Today one the first nice days out here, hopefully this time it sticks. I may go for a tune up run tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete