Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lee Jesus Narvaez

On March 8th a very special young man will be celebrating his 13th birthday. I was 18 when my brother's wife had their first son. Before this only one of my brothers had a son. I was never in his life because he lived in Texas, then we lost track of his mother. So this would be the first nephew I would get to enjoy.


Before then all I had were nieces. There were 6 girls, plus the boy in Texas. When he came along it was a special event. My brother and his wife only had one daughter, 10 year old Stephanie, up to that point. A year or so before they had attempted to have a child. Unfortunately she miscarried. So during this pregnancy everyone praying for the best. I can't remember if we knew if it was going to be a boy. I do however remember when his mom went into labor.

I was attending The Catholic University of America. I got a page. It was my brother with the good news. I found out she was at Providence Hospital. So I get a ride to see her. The problem was that I was about to get on a bus to New York that night. So I wasn't going to see him until Monday. I visited his mom when she was having contractions. I knew this was it he was coming that night.

When he was born, he was scrawny kid, but looked like my brother. Whenever he came to visit, I had to be there to see him. As he grew I started to see him become a little man, just like his father. I still remember when he spent a few days at Children's Hospital, I was so worried. I felt better after I went to see him, and was better.

When I heard he was going to get baptized. I immediately went to White Flint Mall, and bought a white baby christening tuxedo. I went straight to my brother's house and presented them with the tux and asked if I could be his Godfather. He was baptized at St. Mark's Parish in Hyattsville. That was a great day. I was so proud.

By the time he was 4, he had two younger siblings. He was always a great big brother. Looking after them, even to this day. He reminds me so much of my brother. Not only in looks, but in temperament. He is the quite type. I always joke that the house could fall down around him, and he wouldn't flinch. He studied Tae Kwon Do for several years. Other then that the only other thing he's ever been passionate about has been video games. He always has his face in a screen. Like all other kids, he also likes to run and play.

Lee and Heidi
On your birthday I want you to know that I hope you have a wonderful day. I also want tell you that you are a great kid. Your smart, and cool. Even though your quite. I think you will be an important man some day. Never let anyone tell you what you can or can't do. Especially if they are bigger then you. Always be a gentleman. Don't lie. Remember the decisions you make affect your younger sister and brother. Be a leader. If you like a girl, tell her. Always tell it like it is, even if people won't like it. If something is for you, go and get it. Save your money. Be happy. Never turn your back on your family. - Uncle Sasi

No comments:

Post a Comment