Monday, July 8, 2013

Till Death

What does the term heart and soul mean to you? I think that in everything, some thing or someone can be the heart and soul. I always try to be the heart and soul of every situation in my life, whether it's work, home, family or my circle of friends. Unfortunately I can't say that I am the heart and soul of anything. If anything I'm the conscience. In my crew there is one heart and soul, the glue that keeps us together after all these years.


With one of our brother's wedding upon us next weekend, I can't help to think how much love and respect we have for each other. They have always been a huge influence in my life. In the good and the bad. This blog is here today because of them. The piece I wrote that inspired me to create Ghettoblaster was about my boys. The most read posts were about them and they are also some of my most avid readers.

Like I mentioned before, I am the conscience. I'm not the smartest or the best looking, but when it comes to an honest answer you come to me. I look at things differently than the average person. I take one look and I think of all the possible outcomes. I think about the best and the worst case scenarios before I make a decision. Not for nothing, but I'm usually right. 

Marco will be marrying the love of his life next weekend. This is a major event in the history of our collective friendship. I'm proud to call him my friend and am content with the man that he is today. He's successful and level headed. He is our courage. Whether he's making me take that 12th shot of Jack or run that last quarter mile of a 6 mile jog, he gets the job done. Nothing is impossible in his eyes. If he thinks you can physically do something, he will motivate you. We are all excited about the step he is taking. Him and his soon to be wife will do great things together and someday make awesome parents.

So we're calculated risk takers. What else does a man be to be? That sir is smooth. We get our swagger from Nelson. You wanna talk about cool. This guy always has a different girl on his arm. He's a P.I.M.P. If anything is impossible, send Nelson in, and he will get the job done. He can talk his way into or out of anything.

We're not all business though. We also have a sense of humor. that comes in the form of Tali. This dude can make anyone laugh. He sees the humor in anything. Everyone likes him. All it takes is to have a couple of beers. Next thing you know, your driving cross country. 

Now back to the heart and soul. That distinction belongs to everyone's best friend. Mr. Mario a.k.a. Spooky. We're standing here today because of Spooky. He always calls. For goodness sake he lives in Arizona, and I see him more than some of the other guys that live minutes away. When he comes to town, he gets all of us together. No matter what's going on. You don't say no to Spook. This guy is the only person that comes to my house anytime of the night and I will get up out of bed just to spend some time. Another thing about him is that he genuinely cares and he never gives up on you.

Together they're a bunch of great guys. These are the most intelligent, kind, loyal and funny guys I know. I would do anything for these guys. They are always a phone call away. I trust these guys with my life. They are like my brothers. My mom cares and worries about them as much as I do. The day will come when we have to say goodbye, but not without a priest and a coffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment