Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Leave No Flowers

Forego the parade. I'm no fucking hero. When I go, leave no flowers. Don't let someone that didn't really know me fabricate a story about how great, humble and likable I was. I don't want a bunch of strangers crying crocodile tears for me. I want my brothers there. Not only my blood brothers, but my life brothers. The guys that have seen me at my best and at my worst. I want them to tell the stories that matter. I want them to remember me the way I was. All the crazy shit I did. My foul mouth and my ginormous heart. 


If I didn't love you, don't come to my funeral. by now, you should know who you are. Don't come looking for recognition you didn't rightfully earn. Don't tell people that we were best of friends. My friends wouldn't have say it for you to believe it. Don't praise me. It's to late for me to care. Don't bring me big flower arrangements to show how much you cared. If you owed me money, leave it in the box. If you only show up to make sure I'm dead, your day will come too.

This is not a glorification of death or some sort of suicide note. Death is ever present in our society. It's a part of our life. Your ultimate legacy will be death. Since we all are destined to go, we must make the best of the time we are given. We must take care of ourselves physically, mentally and spiritually. Let's not take anything or anyone for granted. Let's put our efforts in loving those who love us back. Don't wait until their gone to tell em' what they meant to you or to bring them flowers. Give them all you can while they can still appreciate it. It'll make better memories and a greater sense of satisfaction when they leave you. There is nothing worse than living with regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment