Sunday, December 8, 2013

Inner Turmoil

I feel death pulling me close to the ground. I want to go on, but I could use the rest. Nothing would give me more satisfaction than to give up. Why keep going? When it's all said and done, none of it will matter. The world will forget what I sacrificed. My body is weak and continually breaking down. I want to brush the years of abuse and decay off, but I don't have the energy. Why continue? Nothing will be left of me when I'm done. I'm not the man I once was. I'm a fraud. A ghost. A restless spirit that has no home. Nothing makes sense anymore. I'd rather be a memory instead of a burden. I just want to close my eyes and take a final breath. 


What have I done? Don't cry for me, for I am not worth your tears. Tomorrow you will forget I was ever here. I showed them. They showed me. It was to late. I gave them my life, and got nothing in return. Death before dishonor. I'm better off here and your better off there. This old soul isn't meant for that world. Say goodbye and forget my face. Forget my smell, my scent, my taste. I won't be back tomorrow. This is the best thing for all parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment