Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Money Problems

Life is a never ending roller coaster of emotions. It never makes any sense. You can be OK then the littlest thing can ruin your mood. When your good your never at your best. When you at your best, you don't even know it. It seems like no matter what you have or who you are, you can be unhappy. You can be poor but content, so contentment can also be construed as happiness. 


Everyday people complain about what they don't have. I do it sometimes too. Then I think about all the things I do have. I woke up. I have health. I have a roof over my head. I have a job. I have my friends and family. Money comes and goes. God will always provide. When I drive home I see the guys begging for change or the kids washing windows. I think about what if I had to do that everyday. Some people see it as dishonorable or lazy. I don't know. I'd rather bust out my 8 hours in a temperature controlled building with health insurance than freeze my butt off for handfuls of pennies and dimes. 

I don't think I could do it for 8 hours let alone go sleep under the overpass or on a steam grate. True, some people take advantage but at the end of the day, I'm still way head of the game compared to them. These 25 cents aren't going to make or break me. I hate when people say, why don't they go out a get a job. Obviously if they could get one, I'm sure they rather to that than degrade themselves on that city street corner. Are you going to hire a person that has no address, clean clothes, or access to basic hygiene? Of course not, you're gonna raise and eyebrow and make them feel like less of a person. What you don't realize is some of 'those' people are war veterans, parents, regular people who used to work nine to fives. People just like you and me that came upon hard times. Have you ever stopped to think how many missed paychecks or medical bills you are away from ending up on that street corner? Do you truly have job security? 

I'm sure some of the people that were affected by the downturn in the economy that now receive public assistance and eat at soup kitchens never imagined they would end up there. They used to make good money and drive nice cars and live check to check like many of us do. So when I see them shake their cup or ask me for spare change, I try to give them something. That could be me, I think to myself. They are not all drug addicts or alcoholics. You never know, so don't judge. Always help the less fortunate, because you never know if you could need a stranger's help one day. Especially this holiday season, let's dig deep. 

This doesn't just refer to the homeless and the Santas with the copper bells. Just because people work and have places to live, doesn't mean they are doing well. People go hungry everyday to pay the bills. If you know someone who is struggling, go buy them a bag of grocery. You don't realize what that will do for their morale. I hate when people claim to be struggling to, but have the new Iphone and drive a Benz. Let's get it together people. We're all we got. If we don't look out for each other, we're as good a dead. All this shit is gonna be left behind when they shovel that dirt on us, so let's make this short and insignificant (in the larger scheme of things) life count for more that what shoes you wore and what you drove. 
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment