Sunday, April 28, 2013

Human interaction is a necessity

Why are friendships such a burden on people? All relationships are hard to maintain. No matter how much you love someone you eventually begin to hate them. They may have not done anything directly to you but it is easier to ignore them than it is to work it out. 


I have friends that I don't talk to. I have friends that I don't want to talk to. I can spend the day with some people and never utter a single word. The moment they need me, I spring into action. Then there are people that I can't get enough of. I can talk to them about anything all day. Does that make them a better friend? I don't think so. I think that at that particular moment in my life they have a greater part of my attention. Like anything else I will lose interest in that person.

Human interaction is a necessity. To live, work, and learn you have to interact with people on a daily basis. Some people are really good at it, most aren't. People seem to have trust issues with random people. They seem to think that because you hay hello you necessarily want something. Sometimes I say hello to a customer and immediately tell me they don't want anything. I never asked, what do you want, I said, hello how are you. Then there are the people that just ignore you. 

When it comes to the opposite sex, it becomes tricky. Some think that because you are cordial you have ulterior motives. Then there are the ones that think they are so fine, that every must be trying to hit on them. The reality is that you are designed to like the opposite sex. There has to be something that stands out for you. Being friendly doesn't mean you want that person. It means, for that brief moment they attract your eye enough to warrant a friendly disposition.

Can friendship lead to more? Sure it can. It all depends on your wants and needs. Do you want a pretty face or do you need someone that listens to you? Sometimes it only takes a brief conversation to see something in someone that gives you the sense that you could see yourself spending more time with this particular person. The trick is knowing what is possible and what isn't. You have to see the world realistically to be able to stay out of trouble.

Can you love someone without liking them? Is it wrong to? I think not. It's hard to being all things to the same person forever. Everyone changes. The same things that attracted you to them, may make you seem like a jerk years later. What do you do? Do you kick them to the curve or do you take the time spent into account and oversee their short comings. People are strange like that. Some will stay and some will go. There is no way to know what to do in this situation. You have to take everything into account and remember that everyone feels and no matter how heartless they appear on the outside, they could be falling apart on the inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment