Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Art and Things [pictorial]

Looking around the office I realize we have amassed a peculiar collection of art and things that makes us think and inspires us. My wife is the visual person. She has made collages of my favorite things, usually related to cartoons. On my desk is a collection of all the things I love. You will find toys, old pictures, bar-ware and even Star Wars.


Here you have our collection of what defines who we are artistically and makes us smile.

The pachyderm featured here is Jumbo. It is an antique crate label for a fruit company.

This something my wife out of a magazine many years ago. I think she may be considering painting it.

This mess is half of my desk. An empty bottle of Scotch, a  vintage cocktail shaker, vintage carpentry clamps, Darth Vader and an industrial work lamp

My wife took my Bazooka Joe comics and covered the frame of this mirror. In the foreground is her "dammit doll" Alongside a vintage Snoopy Bobblehead.

Some of my wall art that my wife framed and my number from a 10 k I ran a few years ago.

More wall art which consists of DVD covers and inserts and "I heart dad" embroidery my daughter bought me at the thrift store.

My wife's funky frame collection. Complete with wedding pictures, the kid, and her favorite architectural marvels. On the upper left hand corner is another vintage Snoopy piece next to our daughter class project publish as a book which is next to my wife antique silver hand mirror.

The other half of my desk hold my treasures. A vintage metal compartment lunch pail full of sea shells. A picture of my childhood friends and I waiting to cross the street on the way to school. One of my vintage soup thermos'. The Peanuts theme continues and if you look closely, you can see my lunch bunch stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment