Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Franciscan Monestary

Today marks 33 years since the day of my birth. It is a double joyous day, because 7 years ago I married my lovely wife. Every year I take off this week. Although I started my vacation yesterday, we won't being traveling because our daughter's school year just started. Instead we will be taking drives to scenic areas and walking around taking pictures.
  Today's inaugural walk was set at the Franciscan Monastery in Washington DC. Over the years I spent many summer days on it's catacomb tour with visiting family members. I've always liked the serenity of it's gardens. It feels like home to me. I had always wanted to take my wife. It seems like she was uninterested because of the word 'monastery". I figure it sounded dull and boring. However I do know that my wife likes architecture and landscapes.

These pictures were taken by her as we made our way around the garden. I spent a good amount of the walk barefoot. I was wearing flip flops and liked the feel of the graveled walk way under my feet. I also felt that being on holy ground deserved some sort of sacrifice from me.












1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this monastery! I miss it. I may have to visit it again when I'm in town. We always begged mommy to get something for us at the gift shop lol

    ReplyDelete