Friday, May 20, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it

If the world were to end tomorrow, would you be ready? What does being ready actually mean? What if you had 5 months before the world ended? Would you be ready then? For some people being ready means many different things. Some are looking for spiritual enlightenment. Some want to make amends with their enemies. Others wanna tell people off that they never had the courage to. Would you take that vacation you never did because you couldn't afford it? Maybe you would play that big hand in Vegas or bet it all on black?


First things first. I need to sit my wife and parents down and clear some things with them. Other then telling them how much I love and appreciate them, I need to know how much they love and appreciate each other. I need to teach my daughter how to ride her bike. Next we get in the car and drive. Philly, New York, Boston, Chicago. Any place we've always wanted to visit. I will make a lot of phone calls. I will call people that I haven't seen in a while and tell them how I feel about them. I will also call people that I see regularly and tell them what I really think about them. I would like go to a karaoke bar. I need to buy a 24 year old bottle of Macallan and a QP and get with the homies for shots and shotguns. I wanna shoot a gun. I wanna hit a home run. I want to go out with my friends and dance the night away. I wanna buy a bottle of Don P at the club. I would start a bar fight.

Since we would all be going away I would do some bad stuff too. I would rob someone. I would like to know the feeling of stealing a car and running from the cops. I would pay a visit to a certain brother and sister in law and expedite their order. When they see me coming they should know what I'm there for.

No matter how much praying I do or how repentant I may seem, I can't erase 31 years of sins with one act. I will however go to church with my family one last time. I will confess my sins. Spend a lot of time in bed with my wife just farting and watching cartoons. Play a lot of dominoes with my daughter and let her win. I would go to a ball game with my dad. I would spend a whole Saturday looking for yard sales with my mom and dad. I would pray a complete rosary with my mom at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in honor of loved ones that have passed. Get a couple of tattoos. Cook a serious Boss Hog feast for my friends and family.

None of the things that I choose to do will save me from what is waiting for me on the other side. I just want spend time with my favorite people just in case I never see them again. I want to do the things that I never had the courage to when I knew there would be repercussions. I want to have fun and not worry about what is coming. I'll be ready to go because I would have cashed all my "IOU's" If you ever did something to personally hurt me, my family or a close friend I will be coming for you. Regardless of whether you think the end is near or you live a long full life. You need to live life to the fullest. Have fun. Make great memories. Tell people you love them. Tell people that are screwing up the truth. Your not doing any favors by saving someones feelings. If they are pissing you off, tell them. Treat people fairly and respectfully. Thanks for giving me 5 minutes. The rest is yours, make the best of it. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment