Sunday, April 17, 2011

Late night whiskey fueled rant

As I sit here at my computer with the sound of my wife and daughter snoring in the background. Only vaguely drowned out by the Cartoon Network playing for no one to watch. I contemplate many things. My glass that was not to long ago half full is currently half empty. The ice slowly melting away into my Jameson. I take a sip followed by a deep breath. I've been wanting to write all day and now is my opportunity.


The whiskey slowly seeping into my blood stream. I feel fine, but the after taste slowly evaporates into my nasal passage. Yet more and more snoring, and we go from Cow and Chicken to I.R. Baboon. I didn't realize they aired early CN cartoons late at night. I'm not crazy about their newer stuff. Pretty much anything before The Power Puff Girls and Chowder more recently is my cup of tea. I can also watch anything Japanese they show except for BoBoBo. I hate that they even show live action shows. It's called CARTOON Network for Pete's sake. It would be OK if those live action shows like Tim & Eric and Children's Hospital were actually funny. They are completely ludicrous and mundane. I would rather they show old Popeye or even Animaniacs instead of that bullshit.

Isn't whiskey supposed to get easier to drink as it dilutes? This tastes stronger with every sip. Yogi Bear just started. I just realized this is in fact Boomerang. CN still sucks and Boomerang could have a better line up. Half of it's schedule is Scooby Doo. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! Samurai Jack just came on. Nothing is better than a good Irish whiskey, except a good Scotch. I love a quality Scotch, the problem is I'm not made of money. That reminds me I'm supposed to look up buying Scotch wholesale so I can go in on a case with my boss (the man who got me into Irish whiskey). I prefer Macallan but Glenfiddich or Glenlivet would do just fine. My drink has finally reached the point where the water to whiskey ratio is perfect.

After being away from the office for 2 weeks, the last 3 days have been murder. I don't think they have been overwhelming or busy. I just think getting back into the routine has been more labored then I would've predicted. I wanted to hit the ground running. Every half hour felt like an hour. I also felt like I would never catch up. Other then that it was great seeing my co-workers. They are so much of my daily life that being away for an extended period seems odd. I guess I miss their quirks and eccentricities. I'm so glad I'm off tomorrow. Baby steps, maybe by Tuesday I'll feel like my old self again.

It's reaching the watered down point. I need to drink it fast or it will suck before I know it. Changes suck. Well not like going from pure whiskey to more water than whiskey. I mean changes around you. Right now peoples marriages are falling apart. One of my best friends is moving west of the Rockies. I'm gonna be grand-uncle again. My daughter is not the same person she was 6 months ago. Yet I'm supposed to stay calm and composed. As if nothing is going on. Change is good. all these changes are for the better and not the worse. Maybe I need a change. Why can't I have something to look forward to? Or do I? Now I can say, "Arizona? I have a friend that lives out there". This is my new niece/nephew so and so. As for my daughter she is moving too fast for me. I want her to stay 3 forever. She'll be 7 soon and already acts like she is in her teens. I'm not ready.

Whiskey is done and so am I. I think. Other then work the weekend was pretty good. Spent time with family although I had to cut it short to get some sleep for work this morning. Today we went to see a new movie called "Rio" very well made. Visually stunning, great characters, and an excellent soundtrack. I recommend it even if you don't have kids. Tomorrow maybe National History Museum. The Jetson's just came on. I used to love this cartoon when I was a kid. It was always on when I would get home from school. I have nothing else to add. Now I need to get some sleep in. I hope I have a good dream. Last night I dreamt about Beyonce again. It's never dirty. Matter of fact in my dreams she's not even a star. She's just a regular person. She happens to be my friend. I chalk it up to being born on the same day. I wonder sometimes if I happen to be a random person in her dreams. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment