Monday, April 25, 2011

How do you say goodbye?

True friends are hard to come by these days. It's hard to trust just anyone. There are only a few people that I would drop everything to help. Even if a go 10 years without seeing them nothing ever changes. My brother from another Spook is the definitely one of those people.


Hey little brother, I can't believe your leaving us. I know you've been gone before. I was gone for a while myself. I do apologize for that. It sucks because I just found you and the guys again and now you'll be two time zones away. In case you didn't know, my self included, there are a ton of people that are going to miss the hell out of you. You are such a genuine and caring person. You come from such a great family. You never say no. When I needed help, you were always there. I truly appreciate your friendship.

I still remember the first Thanksgiving I spent with you and your family. We were hanging out at my house. We asked my brother to buy us a bottle of Seagram's Gin and Juice from the liquor store. We ended up walking through the woods. There was a quarry on the other side. We found a tall pile of gravel and stuck the bottle on top. We started throwing pebbles at it until you broke it. After that we made our way back to your house. Your parents were so inviting and warm. I remember the food being so good. This was the first of many Thanksgivings I would spend with your family.

I wish you all the best on your new endeavours. I know you will do a great job and make a bunch of new friends out there. Even though social situations make you anxious people gravitate to you. Your a lovable guy. I want you to make us all proud. Keep your faith. Stay humble. Never forget where the heart is. Hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment