Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What to do... what to do??

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I was asked why I stopped writing yesterday. I didn't, I just haven't had any inspiration. Work is hectic. I'm planning my first St. Patty's Day party this Saturday. I'm also focusing on getting this week done and over with. My Spring vacation officially starts at 2pm on Friday afternoon. At which time I will turn my cell phone off and go into chill mode.


Here in Maryland we're experiencing beautiful 70 degree weather. I decided to start my vacation by throwing a party with my friends. I also want to celebrate the start of Spring. Even though, we didn't have much of a winter this season. I still wanna sit around and drink beer with the people that matter the most to me. I looked up drinks made with Irish whiskey and beer. I'm going all out. Guinness and Jameson to accompany my corned beef dinner. It's going to be a first for me. I've never actually celebrated St. Patty's Day. I usually stay home. This year I wanna have some fun. Aside from having some of my best buddies and family, I will also be joined by some co-workers. In the past it was hard to invite co-workers, because I lived an hour away from work. Now that I'm in the Metro area and subway accessible, it's easier to convince my work friends to stop by. The only thing I ask is that my guests wear green.

In other news, the thrift store has lost their gosh darn mind!! They created a frequent shopper incentive card. Basically for every 5 dollars I spend I get a stamp. When I reach 15 stamps I get 25% off. Needless to say, we have been spending a lot of time at the thrift store. We can get 15 stamps in one trip. We went to 4 different stores in two days. I used a full card at one, and got a half a card stamped. Finished filling it at another, used it then got another. They are killing me. What a genius move that was. At least we scored some goodies. Hats, shoes and barware mostly. My best purchase was yesterday. I bought a Ralph Lauren "weekend" duffel bag. It's made of canvas with leather accents and handles for 6 bucks.

I've been trying to get into the workout mood again. Not sure where to begin. I know I want to lose weight again. I wanna be able to wear XL shirts again like I did a couple of years ago. My wife's family are addicted to P-90X. I'd like to at least get back to Yoga and Running. Those were the activities that gave me the best results. It's tricky because this time I wanna do it alongside my wife. She seems committed, but I know she needs to ease in more so then I did. She could be discouraged if it seems physically impossible. Another reason she may quit, is lack of results. I think I wanna give breakdancing a shot. Anything that will get me sweating and I can share with my daughter.

Not sure exactly what we'll do during my vacation. Unfortunately our daughter will still be in class during the weekdays, so we have to do family stuff during the weekends. A trip to NJ is in the works. We will also drive to Southern Virginia for my wife's family annual trip home. This will be the 10th year that we make the trip together. Wow how time flies. It also means that on March 27th we will celebrate 10 years together. I have plan something for that. In between the trips we'll probably make some day trips. Pennsylvania, Delaware, maybe North Carolina and local museums. I figure we'll just drive and hope to find some roadside antiques and cuisine. I would love some suggestions for interesting things to do in the comments section below. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment