Monday, June 27, 2011

It's just a phase

Wow, how long has it been since I've sat at this computer to share my thought with my people. One my closest friends and regular readers, has been trying to coerce me into writing again. I've been so busy with work and life that I haven't been able to find any inspiration to write about anything worth reading. This may even turn out to be a waste of time. I hover will try my best to give you something to think about or even a slight chuckle.


This (writing) as many things that I do is what is known as one of my phases. I never outgrew the phases, phase of my life. When your a kid, one week your into something, and the following week your into something else. When you a teenager, one week your into someone, and the next into someone else. As a young adult I could walk away from anything that wasn't making me happy. I would quit a job on a drop of a hat. One day I was madly in love then I would never see the woman again. At 31 I still find myself doing the same thing. I prove it to you.

At the beginning of this year I began to write this blog. I had never written anything for public scrutiny before. I then decided to write a book about my father's life experiences. I then began to write fictional series about vigilantes inspired by my friends called The Protectors. About a month ago I stopped writing all together. I began buying vintage toys everywhere I could and decided to try to sell some. I've always liked vintage toys, but have since been obsessed to antique. Thrift stores, yard sales and flea markets have become an addiction. I even bought something from an online auction. I'm sort of forbidden from going to the thrift store on my own. What's next? What will be the next big thing for me?

Over the tears I've been obsessed with many things. Some have just been ideas, some I've actually done. I once wanted to take up boxing. I always liked the sport, but a few years ago I dreamt that a teen aged Beyonce and Alicia Keys said they believed in me and so I decided to become a boxer. I never actually joined a gym or got in a ring. A big one was last year when I lost 70 lbs and took up running. I was deep into it. I even changed my eating habits and started going to the gym. When the new year came, I lost me passion for running. I've enrolled into college a couple of times over the years. I knew that I could do it. One time I enrolled but never signed up fro any classes at P.G. Another time I took 2 classes at UMD and didn't pass so I quit again. Other then toy collecting, I currently have a compulsion towards toy restoration. I'm not sure why I do what I do.

I should make a decision and stick with it. Now I find myself in the tough place of trying to combine all my passions and live a normal life. I would love to be able to finish the book, maintain my 2 blogs, run a successful web-based toy store and run 20 miles a week. I also need to pick something to study and go back to school, and finish. I truly wanna be that guy. I just don't know how. I've always been the one to do something to the fullest and stop one day to the next. Anything I do here on in scares my loved ones. They count down the moment I flake out and start something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment